T&CS - Watford Roofing
Terms and Conditions
Here at Watford Roofing, we pride ourselves on our professional approach to all our roofing services.
When you hire us to install a new roof, replace an existing one, or perform any repair or remedial work, you are in safe hands. We want all our customers across Hertfordshire and beyond to understand our responsibilities and obligations prior to starting any given project.
To that end, we have reproduced here our standard Terms and Conditions for any roofing work we agree to undertake. These act as protection for ourselves and our customers alike, in order to manage both our expectations.
This forms a template for any roofing contract and can be amended with agreement between both parties prior to signing. If you have any particular additions or amendments you wish to make, be sure to let us know at the point of hiring.
The following words and phrases are used throughout our terms and conditions contract. For the avoidance of doubt, here are our definitions of each:
- ‘The Company’ shall mean Watford Roofing Ltd.
- ‘The Customer’ shall mean signatory(ies) to this contract.
- ‘The Services’ shall mean all works undertaken by the Company for the Customer.
- ‘Contract Price’ shall mean the price as quoted by the Company and agreed by the Customer together with the price of all additional work carried out by the Company as instructed by the customer.
- ‘The Installation’ shall mean all goods and services supplied by the Company to the Customer.
- ‘Variation’ shall mean goods and services supplied by the company wholly or partly or in addition to those quoted and agreed as stated overleaf.
- ‘Extras’ shall mean additional goods and services supplied by the Company at the request of the Customers.
- ‘Completion’ shall mean when the installation has been finished.
- ‘Ponding’ shall mean the accumulation of surface water upon the installation.
- ‘Estimate’ shall mean appropriate judgement of value of cost of works and duration of Contract.
Terms and Conditions
- The Customer acknowledges that the Company is not engaged to provide consultancy services to diagnose and prescribe remedies to problems of building structure and design.
- This Contract shall constitute the whole agreement between the Company and the customer. Variations or amendments shall only be binding in writing and signed by an authorised representative of the Company.
- The Company hereby agrees to provide the goods and services stated overleaf at the contracted price. Should the Company find during the execution of work that the contract cannot be properly undertaken due to the state or condition of the customer’s property then the Company shall have the right to terminate the agreement with immediate effect on terms that the Customer shall be liable to pay the Company the cost of Goods and Services already supplied by the Company at the contract rate including Variations and Extras unless the Company and the Customer shall agree any Variations that in the opinion of the Company, shall be required to enable them to properly perform the contract. The price of such Variations and any Extras shall be agreed in writing between the Customer and the Company.
- The Customer shall permit the Company, its Servants or Agents such access to the property that the Company reasonably requests for the purpose of surveying, installing and inspecting the works and shall also provide free of charge to the Company during the installation a storage area for the Company’s materials as well as 110/240 volt electric power and water. Furthermore, the Customer will not interfere with the work of the Company, its Servants or Agents during the installation period. If the Customer fails to permit the Company sufficient access for the Company to complete its contractual obligations the Company shall be entitled to treat the Contract as repudiated and shall be entitled to receive from the Customer the contract price.
- The Company shall use its reasonable endeavours to adhere to any delivery and installation period quoted insofar as it is able but time shall not be of the essence and the Company shall not be responsible or any loss or damage sustained by the Customer by reason of any estimated delivery installation or completion or other date quoted not being adhered to.
- The Company shall not be liable in respect of any loss damage or delay which may be caused by factors outside the control of the Company such as adverse weather conditions prior to or during the installation or sickness or injury to the Company workforce or factors that could not have been reasonably foreseen by the Company at the time of entering into the contract.
- During installation the Company will use its reasonable endeavours to keep the Customer’s building and possessions in a weatherproof state but by reason of the nature of the work undertaken by the Company, the Company cannot take responsibility for damage to the Customer’s building or possessions by ingress of water or wind unless a temporary roof is installed at the Customer’s expense. It is the Customer’s responsibility to protect the contents of his property which maybe underneath or in the vicinity of the installation during the course of the installation.
- The Customer acknowledges that small cracks or loose plaster necessitating re-decoration may occur in any ceiling immediately below any roof installation and the Company shall not be responsible for the cost of re-decoration.
- Deposits are to be paid to the Company where requested by the Company no later than 7 days prior to the commencement of the works. On completion of the installation the Customer shall pay the contract price less any deposits already paid and the Company shall deliver to the Customer a receipted invoice within 7 days of completion. The invoice shall also contain the price of any agreed Variations and/or Extras. For the avoidance of doubt the Customer shall not be entitled to refuse payment of the invoice of the main contract only on the grounds that he disputes the invoice for any of the Variations or Extras. The Customer shall pay contractual interest at the rate of 8% above the Nat West base rate per month from the time to time on the monies due in respect of invoices delivered by the Company to the Customer from 7 days after posting.
- Valued Added Tax at the appropriate rate shall be payable on all monies due from the Customer to the Company pursuant to this contract.
- Upon payment of all monies due from the Customer to the Company under this contract the Company will, within 7 days issue its guarantee (where applicable). The Customer acknowledges that any insurance backed guarantees will be issued directly by the insurance company within their own time scale and that the Company has no influence regarding this matter. For the avoidance of doubt this guarantee shall not be formally binding upon the Company until all monies due to the Company have been received by the Company.
- The Company shall have the right to suspend work immediately and without prior notice in the event that any sum due by the Customer to the Company shall be outstanding and unpaid on the due date until such time as the sums in question are paid. The Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage incurred or suffered by the Customer shall indemnify the Company in the respect of all losses and costs which the Company may suffer or incur as the result of such suspension.
- The materials supplied to any contract shall remain the property of the Contractor (the Company) until the Customer has paid the Contract Price in full.
- The Customer is responsible for obtaining all necessary permissions and approvals prior to the carrying out any of the works.
- The Company shall not be held responsible for any consequential damage.
- The Company offers a 7 day cooling off period before work commences with a written request to cancel from The Customer required within that 7 day period.
- There will be no penalty for the cancellation of the order within the seven day cooling off period regardless of where the contract was signed.